Thursday, January 24, 2008

TRISHA'S TIMELESS TREASURES - A LIFETIME OF MEMORIES

Treasures from the Past

Childhood memories of the good ole' South are endless! They include: playing church ~ first vocal recording with my sister (age 4) ~ giving my heart to Jesus at age 5 ~ blistering hot summer church camps ~ a cabin on the campgrounds ~ evening dresses and piano recitals ~ Mother's southern fried chicken ~ Grandma's homemade pies ~ Daddy's southern gentleman ways (and his love for God!) ~ playing "You'll Never Walk Alone" at my high school graduation.

And, the memories go on...
I'll never forget becoming a June bride to my sweetheart (a never ending love story!) ~ giving birth to our miracle from heaven, a tiny blonde-haired angel girl, Shelly Dawn (the sunshine of our lives!).

And, still the memories go on...
Memories from the Mid-West are numerous! They include: Revivals (all over the Country) ~ traveling coast to coast with College Music Groups ~ cold blistery winter mornings on the big bus ~ hundreds of McDonald's burgers ~ making forever friends in out-of-the-way places ~ Friday nights with my Indy family ~ the sweet celebration Home-Going of my Father ~ the precious birth and Christening Service of our Granddaughter, Alyson Dawn.



And, the memories go on...

10 comments:

Ronda said...

Welcome...Aunt Tricia! I was so excited to see that you and Shelly have your sites ready! Looks great! I'll look forward to keeping in touch....Love ya!

Gayle said...

Welcome to Blogger! Michelle gave me Shelly's site and I came across yours so I thought I would just say Hi! We have wonderful memories of you all from GBS Congratulations on your new grandbaby!
Gayle (Michele's Mom)

Your Penn Palz : said...

hey mama!
i know you don't think you've done anything to your site yet and it isn't what you really want, yet... BUT, i think it's looking great and will only get better as you keep 'tweeking' it! i can't wait to see the pix, slideshow's and stuff you will soon post, too!
i'm glad to see you BLOGGING, now - - - i just know you're gonna love it ever bit as much as i do!
i love you bunches and aly says, "i love memaw"!!! ;-)

The Marcum Family said...

Dear Trisha,
Its great to see your pics. I would love to see yall in person. I know you ae the proudest grandparents. Little Aly is beautiful..
We are in WV, almost on the PA line. Its beautiful here, and we get snow. Being a southern girl, its such a big deal to me, I just think we should all snuggle up w/ good book and hot choc.
I miss you, keep us in your prayers. Love ya, Nett

Trisha's Site of Treasures said...

Gayle,
How wonderful to hear from you! Wish we could sit down for a long winter's 'chat'.
I enjoy your 'blog' - you have a wonderful family.
Stay in touch,
Trisha

Trisha's Site of Treasures said...

Annette,
Thanks for the COMMENTS. You have always been one of my favorite people. Your children are so precious - and beautiful. God has been AWESOME! Right?!?
Pray for you often.
Stay in touch,
Trisha

Trisha's Site of Treasures said...

Ronda,
I dearly love your 'blog' - - - so interesting! Keep up the good work - - - You're wonderful!
Love,
Aunt Trisha

Trisha's Site of Treasures said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Trisha's Site of Treasures said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Trisha's Site of Treasures said...

Shell,
You have done SO much to help me with my 'blog' - - - thanks! You're the best daughter in all the world.
Tell Alyson Dawn that her Memaw and Papaw love her very much, too!
Love,
Mama